The Second Best Day of My Life

      Yesterday I went to my first pro football game. The Seahawks played the Raiders at home on a rainy Seattle Sunday and I WAS THERE FOR IT! I was so giddy that I allowed my husband to purchase exorbitantly priced gloves as a souvenir and felt zero buyer's remorse. I didn't even complain about being cold once, which is really a big deal for me because I'm always cold. Always. I use a space heater at my cubicle when it's 60 something degrees in the office. But yesterday I could not have cared less that I couldn't feel my toes. I was seriously on cloud nine as we joined the crowds in downtown Seattle flocking to the stadium. I was walking on sunshine. I discovered that ooooooo Heaven is a place on earth. Ok...focusing.
      They say there are no bad seats at Century Link field. I began to think that "they" had lied to me as we trekked up to our seats and I could feel the field getting further away with every step. We finally stopped with only one row left behind us. We were literally in the second to last row. I was convinced it would be disappointing and the players would look like stick people viewed from an airplane window. And then I turned around to look at the spectacle below and I could see EVERYTHING!! I could see the football clearly, could see Richard Sherman's dreads bounce up and down as he danced on the field before every play, could make out Pete Carroll's walk as he paced the sidelines. It was magical. We were solidly underneath the overhang and we stayed completely dry while the people with "good" seats got soaked. The only bad thing about our seats was the fact that I couldn't breathe by the time we reached them and my left leg quivered uncontrollably for the better part of the day. But I guess I feel a little better about my gluttony this weekend after climbing about a thousand of the steepest stairs in the world a couple of times, so really it's a win-win.
       "They" also say that the Seahawks fans are loud...and they are not kidding!! On the very first play, I was truly shocked when the screaming started and it HURT SO MUCH! It was that ears ringing, actually painful, can't think straight because it's so loud kind of a noise. This game was sensory overload.  I can still smell the garlic fries and caramel corn (a confusing combination for my olfactory system). It was seriously the perfect day filled with sights and sounds and joy and blue and green! I turned to Aaron early on in the game and informed him of all my feelings by shouting, "This is the second best day of my life and our wedding barely beats it!!!" Far from being offended, he shrieked back, "I KNOW, RIGHT?!" So basically, we both had a pretty good time. Our Hawks came through for us with a win, 30-24, complete with an interception by one of my favorite humans (Richard Sherman, of course)! We left the stadium and spent the two hour car ride back home in relative silence until one of us would periodically pipe up and say, "I can't believe we just went to a Seahawks game." Today I'm back at work and my throat is killing me from all of the screaming I did and I feel like I'm walking around in a dream because WAS I REALLY THAT CLOSE TO RICHARD SHERMAN?!? I have a mystical Seahawk hangover. 
       I really do have the best husband ever. How will he ever top this gift next year? Here are some pictures of our perfect day for your viewing pleasure:

Panoramic


Excited us!


Here they come!!


The Legion of Boom








We hunted down some of our favorite people during half time! This was my mother in law's first pro game as well. From left to right: Aaron, me, Wendy (mommy in law), Ally (Aaron's sister), and Michael (Ally's husband).

     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Times a Mom

Curls